There are five variations of Oromo spoken in Africa.
Borana-Oromo, Eastern Oromo, and West Central Oromo are spoken in Ethiopia.
Orma and Waata are variations of Oromo spoken in Kenya.
For more information, see the SIL Ethnologue Oromo Language Family Tree.
- Listen to the Oromo, West Central New Testament (audio format) from Faith Comes By Hearing.
Oromo Bibles to purchase:
- Western Oromo Bible - New Translation (imitation leather)
- Oromo Bible - Latin Letters
- Borana Oromo audio New Testament (audio MP3 CD)
- Oromo West Central audio New Testament (audio MP3 CD)
The "JESUS" Film, based on the Gospel of Luke, has been translated into Oromo, West Central . You can view it online or order a copy from www.jesusfilmstore.org. Or order by phone from Campus Crusade at 1-800-432-1997.
The Four Spiritual Laws gospel tract has been translated into Oromo. Download a free pdf or purchase a CD to Print Your Own Gospel Tracts from Campus Crusade.