Home • Bibles in Your Language • Site Map
Cross-Cultural Activities for Churches
Doing things together is a great way for your church to develop relationships with people of other cultures. Here are a few ideas:
- Attend a program presented by ethnic people on their site
- Invite an ethnic church or organization to present a program on your site
- Share a meal with an ethnic church or organization
- Do a physical work project in the community, or to benefit an elderly or disabled person or a family of recent immigrants
- Share a meeting or special event of your youth group, women's group, men's group, etc.
- Plan a picnic or outing together
- Share a film series
- Plan a special class in your Sunday School; invite ethnic leaders to speak
- Pulpit exchange with an ethnic church
- Teacher or worker exchange
- Plan a joint vacation Bible school, youth night or other youth activity
- Exchange correspondence, tapes, or pictures
- Share sports activities
- Sponsor an immigrant family
- Offer English classes at your church
(1) Excerpted with permission from "The Stranger Who is Among You"
James Duren and Rod Wilson, William Carey Library, 1983.
How to Start
Opportunities for Cross-Cultural Ministry
Overcoming Our Fears
Working Through Cultural Differences
* Back to Ethnic Harvest site map
Copyright © 2015 Ethnic Harvest. All rights reserved.